Ouranos Index du Forum

Ouranos Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

How do you conceptualize your mechanics?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Ouranos Index du Forum -> Hall Principal -> Remarques
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Donnieclark

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Nov - 08:34 (2017)    Sujet du message: How do you conceptualize your mechanics? Répondre en citant

Hello,

I  have a problem. Many problems actually. But I’ll summarize my main problem up front:

I can’t keep the projected systems for any potential WiP I touch simple.

I got worlds, I got stories, but I’m a tabletop RPG player at heart. I enjoy elegant systems as much as I enjoy a captivating story. I don’t feel that the general 5 primary and 10 secondary Attributes ranging fromm 1 top 100 best fit Thema worlds and Stories I am dealing with here. So for the two really fleshed out settings I theorized these elaborate setups and immediately realized they were above my ability to easily code. So I came up with a new story and setting which would be more straightforward. Except then I had an ingenious idea on the code aspects of that which made it even more complicated than the other two.

Which makes me wonder how other people keep their systems manageable. Is there a specific design approach people take or do you just add stats as they crop up in the game at the risk of them not being as balanced as they could be?

I obviously want to meticulously plan ahead even at the risk of people not appreciating the work that goes into it. People who just play for the story probably don’t care for little tricks like four derived stats pulled from nine binary character traits. How do you do it?

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

brand storytelling examples

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Nov - 08:34 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Ouranos Index du Forum -> Hall Principal -> Remarques Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange